Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product review: L'Oreal infallible eyeshadow in hourglass beige and permanent kaki


I decided to take a break from skin care posts and go back to a make up review for today. There is actually quite a lot of products that I bought and haven't reviewed yet.

The l'Oreal infallible eyeshadow is a cream-powder hybrid very similar to Armani eyes to kill or Chanel illusion d'ombre. These eyeshadows are on the pricey side for the drugstore at around 13 euros for 3.5g. They come in a plastic container with a screw cap and they have a little lid inside to keep the powder pressed.


I swatched all of the shades available last time I was at Inno and they are all very shimmery or pearly. I wouldn't recommend these eyeshadows for mature eyelids. I chose permanent kaki (I know weird spelling) a nice moss green with a golden reflection and hourglass beige a champagne color.


The pigmentation of both shade is great and the staying power is also great. The reason why I'm not so crazy about them is that I find the formula a bit gimmicky and unpractical. The texture is very slippery and can be a bit hard to work with. To get a similar finish I much prefer a regular eyeshadow like mac eyeshadows in the veluxe pearl finish or Inglot in the pearl finish. I also prefer a real cream shadow over this texture which tend to stick better to the lid.  I don't find that the result is worth the trouble.

Wearing permanent kaki 

Are the infallible eyeshadows beautiful? Yes
Are they pigmented? Yes
Do they have good staying power? Yes
Can you achieve a similar look faster with either a traditional powder eyeshadow or a cream eyeshadow? Oh yes!

I think honestly this is the latest fad, a bit like the lip butter fad and the twist up pencil lip product. We will probably keep seeing everybody doing this till the fad is over. If you want to try them I would recommend the mid-toned eyeshadows most of them would work great as a stand-alone eyeshadow (like I did with the permanent kaki)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar