Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in Sienna

Revlon Colourburst in Sienna is my second Revlon lipstick. The first being Colourburst in nude, which I thought was really good because it had been one of the rare drugstore nudes when this range first launched many months ago.

To tell the truth, I was extremely disappointed in that because Revlon Colourburst claims so many properties, such as rich colour, and non-dryness of course. But Nude was horrid. It made me look like a corpse.

I wanted to do a really bad review on it and never get another Colourburst, saying something like nudes from Western brands are only suitable for Westerners, as GOSH in Darling, the so called nude lipstick Queen, is much raved about by Westerners, but it absolutely doesn't works on me.

Anyway, so I finally decided to give Revlon another chance and I am glad Sienna is working really well!

Revlon Colourburst in Sienna


Available: Various large supermarkets and pharmacies

Star Properties: Rich in colour, creamy in application

Packaging

I think I bought this because of the packaging. hahahaha.

I remember thinking how extraordinary similar this is to Chanel de Coco Rouge. Extremely similar. I will definitely put them side by side to compare when I get down to reviewing Chanel de Coco.


It's that extra royal casing with the brand name smack in a strip across the middle that makes it look so good. Plus, the casing is patterned on the front and back, but not on the sides. LOL, perhaps, we can say that at half the price, one can get the same feel!

Colour on Skin
It actually turns out a little bit brown when I tested it at the counter. And I bought this colour because I wanted a brown.


Rich and True
However, this did not turn out anything like what you see above. It is rather red on the lips, and also turns out more red in photos.

What I like is that the colour is so true to that you see on the lipstick, as in the with flash and without flash photos below.

(Left) With flash, (right) without flash.

Super nice right!

Shine
Besides the Colourburst really bursting with richness, it is also suitable non-drying and shiny. I think this is one of those lipsticks that I didn't feel the need to enhance with lipgloss. Especially since, this is a rather formal colour, so I reckon that when I wear it, it would be with more neutral and formal clothes that don't require the gloss.

Can actually sort of see a bit of reflection in my lips, and on the right is me facing the sunlight, so that there is some shine.

Type of Colour
One thing about drugstore brands is that they never fail to offer the most basic and most neutral of colours. Probably due to the positioning in the market, having a mass price means the product should be commonly used, easy to wear colour that everybody can use... ... Or else no one would buy!

As for high end brands, people shell out the money for uniqueness, and don't like to see dupes all over the market, even though more often than not, you would find a very similar colour, say for a MAC lipstick.

This is the overall look of the lips paired with eye makeup. Perhaps by coincidence, I used the latest Revlon palette here... ... Wanted to test it out as well.

Rating: 5/5
I am really happy with this colour in particular (please don't get the Nude shade and regret like I did). It's only my second truly neutral colour. The other one being Make Up Store in Poppy that I talk about sometimes during FOTD. That's a sweet pinkish mauve while this is a bolder shade. =)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar