Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some Updates...

I've updated the discount code post I made the other day as there is 25% off everything at Evans (today only) and 20% off at Wallis (today and tomorrow), see that post for more details. Also an update to the Clinique offer. I'm also still updating my blog roll, so if you have a style (beauty, fashion, fatshion) blog and would like your link on mine, then please leave a comment with your blog name and link.
A little update from Eyeko-you now have to spend £15 to qualify for their Ambassador code or online code gifts (but the gifts have generally been of more value since the change). They have some great value sets currently on the site in limited stock. Remember to enter my code E11752 with all orders and if you don't like the current Eyeko site gift (or perhaps you already have it, then don't enter any other code and you will receive a free surprise gift (when spending £15) just by using E11752). If you do like the site gift then enter that in the comments box (this week it's GLITTER for the free glitter eyeliner shown), plus enter my code where it says 'ambassador code', so they know I've sent you (and I earn some pennies from every order I make), whoopie!

Speaking of whoopie, we've become obsessed with whoopie pies in our house! We bought some at the weekend which were absolutely gorgeous, then Mum baked some more. They turned out way bigger than expected, so half is more than enough for me. Will this be an end to the cupcake obsession? I doubt it!
Part 2 of the dark lipstick swatches will be coming shortly and my Pearl Lowe dresses arrived yesterday from Peacocks!! I was super excited. The lace one is STUNNING, it's a little tight over the bust for me and I'm not sure what to do about it. There's a white slip/lining and if that wasn't there it would probably be ok (albeit sheer, but I could wear a camisole underneath). The slip isn't removable though, it is attached at certain points of the dress including the back zip, so it's not really something I can simply cut out. I'm not keen on the slip anyway-it's a little 'cheap'...I'll have to see. There are layers and layers of tulle and linings, so it really sits all puffy and full and I love the scalloped hem. The white (black lace bow) one is cute but I'm not used to wearing white and I'm very self conscious in it, but perhaps with a slip underneath (and control pants!) I'd feel better. The black one is another gorgeous one, I didn't realise the amount of beading in it and it's very flattering-hopefully some images to follow when the lighting is better. If you're pondering whether or not to purchase, I say if you've got the money, go for it! The dresses I bought were very good quality and although I tend not to spend that amount on one dress, it was worth it in this case. I did feel the sizing wasn't as generous as previous collections or maybe it's me getting bigger (whoopie pies to blame)!
Also, where the hell are the other 2 dresses? I really want the one Pearl is wearing and Peacocks haven't replied to my facebook messages, grrr! Was that pink dress always £50 btw? I notice it is today (I thought it was either £40 or £45).

Finally The Shoe Girl Diaries-I'm really, really missing posting every day. The truth is, I forgot how little I leave the house in the winter (it's been roughly once a week if I'm lucky), so I just haven't been wearing proper clothes or shoes. It kinda sucks though because I see all the lovely items I've bought recently and I'm not getting any wear out of them. I fully intend to get back into a routine with the blog though, because I love doing it (and I need to break the rather unattractive pj bottoms/no makeup look)...so stay tuned and thanks for still visiting the archives every day.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar