Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

You! Off my planet!

By way of Richard Steven's article in SWAT Magazine, we have been enlightened as to the existence of these critters.

Ye tapdancing gods. Any Gentle Readers who may have blood sugar disorders may not want to click upon that link.

I've seldom seen so much fluffy pink cotton-candy-land bunny-dreams in one place.

Do further note that the weight of the environmentally-safe Love Beads adorning the neck of Congresscritter Dennis Kucinich have apparently choked off the blood supply to his last remaining functional neurons -- because he hauled off and sponsored HR 808 in the US House of Representatives calling for the formation of a cabinet-level "Department of Peace and Non-Violence" on behalf of these nit-wits.

Again.

I'm not sure what excuse would explain the other 67 cosponsors -- although I do note that all 68 are Democrats. Too many hits off the bong would be my guess, although constant repetition of the chorus to "Kum-Ba-Yah" has been suspected to cause cerebral tissue to ooze out of the ears and hide whimpering in dark corners.

I am happy to report that HR 808 is currently languishing in committee -- unloved and ignored -- and is probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

Which is a Damned Good Thing.

However, I also note that -- if unchallenged -- this kind of sappy, ivory-tower, saccharine bushwa has a nasty habit of being resurrected time and again. As, indeed, this one has in the 107th, 108th, and 109th Congresses -- in addition to the current Session.

*sigh*

If my Gentle Readers would be so kind, would y'all mind spreading the news about this bushwa; keeping a weather eye out for further incarnations; and -- just maybe -- dropping a snail-mail letter to your Congresscritter expressing your concerns?

Appreciate it.

LawDog

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar